Samarth Swarup is a research associate professor in the Network Systems Science and Advanced Computing division. Swarup earned his PhD in Computer Science from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Resilience and Sustainability: Simulation methods for urban and environmental modeling, disaster response, epidemic mitigation and prevention.
Computational Social Science: Model-based informatics, racial and economic disparities, social media, big data.
Simulation Analytics: Social networks and social contagion, causality and sense-making in simulations, AI and machine learning.
- Impact of Demographic Disparities in Social Distancing and Vaccination on Influenza Epidemics in Urban and Rural Regions of the United States
BMC Infectious Diseases, 19:221. (2019) Singh M, Sarkhel P, Kang GJ, Marathe A, Boyle K, Murray-Tuite P, Abbas KM, Swarup S
- Simulation Analytics for Social and Behavioral Modeling. In, Davis, P. K.; O'Mahony, A. (Eds.)
Social-Behavioral Modeling for Complex Systems, Wiley. (2019) Swarup S, Marathe A, Marathe MV, Barrett CL
- The Matrix: An Agent-Based Modeling Framework for Data Intensive Simulations
Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (AAMAS), Montreal, Canada, May 2019. Bhattacharya P, Ekanayake S, Kuhlman C, Lebiere C, Morrison D, Swarup S, Wilson M, Orr M
- Behavior Model Calibration for Epidemic Simulations
Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (AAMAS), Stockholm, Sweden, July 2018. Singh M, Marathe A, Marathe MV, Swarup S
- Semantic Network Analysis of Vaccine Sentiment in Online Social Media
Vaccine, 35(29):3621-3638. (2017) Kang GJ, Ewing-Nelson SR, Mackey L, Schlitt J, Marathe A, Abbas KM, Swarup S
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Computer Science, PhD, 2007
University of Bombay, Computer Engineering, BE, 1998