Work With Us
We are able to do the work that we do because of the people we partner with, and the people we hire.
We’re fortunate to work with global partners from all segments of government, global foundations, academia, and industry to solve society’s most complex challenges. We approach these problems by assembling teams of experts in a variety of fields to work together to create solutions that challenge the very fields in which the teams operate.
Careers at the Institute
The Biocomplexity Institute is a growing research institute at the University of Virginia. Our research covers everything from genetic sequencing to policy analysis and takes an interdisciplinary team science approach to solving large-scale complex problems.
We employ a combination of business and operations staff, professional research staff and faculty, and students across four divisions. We have two locations: our headquarters location in Charlottesville, Virginia, at the UVA Discovery Park, and an office strategically located in the U.S. National Capital Region.
At the Biocomplexity Institute, we believe it is our job to unearth the connections which drive everyday systems and interactions. Our passion is then taking this knowledge and innovating real-world solutions which have a tangible impact on human health, society, and our environment.
Interested in joining our team? Please contact Savanna Galambos for more information.
We also have opportunities for students to do data science alongside our researchers in an experiential learning environment.
- Research Scientist. Learn more about this role in Workday.
Contagion Science Program
- Contagion in Public Health and Biological Systems Postdoctoral Research Associate. Learn more about this role in Workday.
- Social Contagion in Human Systems Postdoctoral Research Associate. Learn more about this role in Workday.
- Computer Science and Systems Modeling Postdoctoral Research Associate. Learn more about this role in Workday.
Computing for Global Challenges Summer Program
- Research Faculty in Statistical and Quantitative Sciences. Learn more about this role in Workday.
Data Science for the Public Good Young Scholars Program
No current openings.